Role of the Coach
- Attend and run weekly training sessions at Marcellin Hall
- Prepare training plans for weekly sessions
- Attend games each week and coach team
- Coach players about the Marist way and basics of team sport:
- Foster an environment that enables inclusive dialogue within each team about what a positive culture looks like and teamwork to thrive
- Demonstrate and encourage respectful relationships within the team
- Enhance confidence of players
- Demonstrate respect for opponents and referees
- Develop players foundation and more advanced skills as appropriate.
Things to do
- Email a copy of your Working with Vulnerable People Card to Paul Mead WWVC Information for Sporting Club Volunteers
(Note card must be carried with you at all times when coaching)
All coaches must adhere to the Working with Vulnerable People Registration Policy
- Bookmark your team on PlayHQ
- Ensure you or your manager collects the team kit – See Equipment for details
- Read the Marist College Code of Professional Conduct for Coaches and Volunteers
- Return Coach’s feedback at the end of the season to Coaching Coordinator by the due date
Marist Basketball Club will provide support to its coaches as required. We are currently improving our support for coaches and would appreciate your feedback. Please email our coaching coordinators with your feedback or with any requests for additional support.
Basketball ACT (BACT) runs three levels of coaching courses as well as coaching clinics. Club coaches are encouraged to enrol in an appropriate course. The club aims to have coaches complete a Level 1 Coaching Certificate and encourages senior players to coach junior teams. For information on these courses, visit the BACT Coaching Courses and Clinics.
Under our website menu Drills & Tips the following pages can be found which contain useful resources: