BASKETBALL TEAM MANAGERS
Marist Basketball Club can’t function and exist without the contributions of volunteers. The role of team manager is a simple, yet very important role that keeps the season running smoothly.
Role of the Manager
- Send out weekly game time reminders to parents
- Draw up bench duty rosters for families at the start of the season
- Find fill in players where needed – coordinate with other team managers in eligible divisions and have potential fill in players earmarked
- Collect all items for the kit at the end of the season: singlets, balls, coaches bag and training shirts. The kit must be returned to the equipment manager (not the front office or school)
- Be the conduit between the Club and the team
- If you have students as coaches – ensure parents do not approach the student coaches at any time. All queries from parents must go directly to the team manager
- Coordinate your team photos session (and attend)
Things to do at the start of the season
- Email a copy of your Working with Vulnerable People Card to Paul Mead WWVC Information for Sporting Club Volunteers
(Note card must be carried with you at all times when acting in the role of Manager)
All managers must adhere to the Working with Vulnerable People Registration Policy
- Check PlayHQ for your Team members and bookmark – if you have not yet received your team list, email the Registrar
- Send out a Welcome Email to your team – suggested format
- Ensure you or your coach collects the team kit – See Equipment for details
- Read the Marist College Code of Professional Conduct for Coaches and Volunteers
Note that each player is allocated a numbered playing shirt (distributed with the kit) – The number on this shirt is tied in with the Basketball ACT Scoring system so boys must not swap playing shirts. If there is a problem, please contact the club.
Your first point of contact for information or problems is the Marist Basketball website or firstname.lastname@example.org.