Marist Basketball Club can’t function and exist without the contributions of volunteers. The role of team manager is a simple, yet very important role that keeps the season running smoothly.
Role of the Manager
- Relay relevant and up to date game fixtures information (See SportsTG link in Resources below);
- Make sure your team is well informed and that parents keep you informed of any issues
- Provide contact lists to coaches, players and parents; and
- Draw up bench duty rosters for families at the commencement of each season.
- Contact your Age Coordinator if you have a shortage of players (You should receive your Age Coordinators contact details are the beginning of the season)
- Coordinate your team to photos session
- It is the managers responsibility to collect all items for the kit at the end of the season: singlets, balls, bibs, etc and hand it back in when requested. The kit must be handed to the equipment manager and not returned to the front office or PE dept.
Things to do
- Email a copy of your Working with Vulnerable People Card to Paul Mead WWVC Information for Sporting Club Volunteers
(Note card must be carried with you at all times when acting in the role of Manager)
All managers must adhere to the Working with Vulnerable People Registration Policy
- If you have not yet received your team list, email the Registrar
- Bookmark your team on SportsTG – see link under Resources below
- Send out a Welcome Email to your team – suggested format
- Ensure yourself or your coach collects the team kit – See Equipment for details
- Read the Marist College Code of Professional Conduct for Coaches and Volunteers
Note that each player is allocated a numbered playing shirt (distributed with the kit) – The number on this shirt is tied in with the Basketball ACT Scoring system so it is important to ensure that match up. If there is a problem, please contact the club.
Your first point of contact for information or problems is your Age Group Coordinator – Contact details will be sent to you at the start of the season.
Club volunteers should become familiar with and follow the Codes of Conduct at all times.
Game Day App by Sports TG is available for Apple and Android devices where you can see draws and results for the season. Click here for instructions on how to download the app.
Winter Training Times
Training Time Request / Change Form
Scoring How Tos and Resources