For each game, two people from each team are required to run the scoring bench. All families are expected to assist with scoring bench duties for their son’s team. The team manager will try to roster inexperienced scorers with more experienced scorers to assist you in learning how to work on the scoring bench. From time to time the Club may run Bench Duty courses. In addition, scorers may ask the referees for score bench advice.
Club volunteers should become familiar with and follow the Codes of Conduct at all times.
Duties of the scoring bench include:
- Keeping an accurate record of the game on the official score sheet;
- Operating the Electronic Stadium Scoring System (Belconnen Stadium only).
- Operating the scoreboard, including the game clock;
- Operating the possession arrow;
- Operating the 24 second clock (only for Div1 games from U14 and above);
- Signalling time outs and substitutions to the referee; and
- Notifying the referee when a player has 5 fouls.
Note: parents cannot approach the bench during the game
Courtside Resources including video on new scoring system.
How to use Stadium Scoring:
BACT explain both scoring systems (paper and electronic) in scoretable resources. If you are unsure of how to score using either system just ask a referee.
An excellent YouTube video on how to score in the ACT can be seen below:
A very useful YouTube video on hand signals by referees is below: