Please read through the following frequently asked questions before contacting the Club using the form below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
What can I do if I’ve missed registrations?
What do we need to do before attending trials
What is required to be eligible to play basketball for Marist?
My son wants to play with his friends
The Club unfortunately, cannot take requests to play in teams with friends for the following reasons:
- It is the College and Club expectation that all teams whether in Div 1 or Div 6 are required to fulfill training and playing requirements for organised sport. Social grade implies that there is no need to train and other commitments take priority.
- All teams are required to have a Coach and are expected to train.
- BACT have a graded competition to support all levels and abilities. We need to respect this aspect of BACT and place teams and players appropriately.
– By placing a team of athletic kids who see it as a social competition, may generate lopsided score lines which can have a negative impact on all participants in our own club and the teams they play.
- Statically it is teams in the lower divisions that we struggle to cover logistically. Potentially generating and promoting this forum will generate a lot more work at the committee level to ensure we can cover these teams.
- As a club we have tried to do this in the past and it resulted in requests from other players who also want to play with their mates and if we can’t accommodate so they drop out. This then has a flow on effect for the Selection Committee with range of issues trying to field teams.
What age group is my son in?
Age groups for the 2017/18 Summer Season are as follows:To be eligible to play in an age group a player must be under the required age on the 31st December of the year in which the competition is to be completed (2018). For example a player may participate in Under 19’s provided they do not turn 19 during the year in which the competition is completed (2018).
As the summer competition is completed in 2018 it is the birth date for 2018 that denotes a players eligibility.
- Under 12 – born in 2007 or 2008
- Under 14 – born in 2005 or 2006
- Under 16 – born in 2003 or 2004
- Under 19 – born in 2000, 2001, 2002