Please read through the following frequently asked questions before contacting the Club using the form below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
What is required to be eligible to play basketball for Marist?
When does the Basketball Season start and finish?
Summer season starts at the beginning of Term 4 and finishes at the end of Term 1. Please refer to the calendar for specific upcoming dates.
When is Training?
My son wants to play with his friends
The Club unfortunately, cannot take requests to play in teams with friends for the following reasons:
- It is the College and Club expectation that all teams whether in Div 1 or Div 6 are required to fulfill training and playing requirements for organised sport. Social grade implies that there is no need to train and other commitments take priority.
- All teams are required to have a Coach and are expected to train.
- BACT have a graded competition to support all levels and abilities. We need to respect this aspect of BACT and place teams and players appropriately.
– By placing a team of athletic kids who see it as a social competition, may generate lopsided score lines which can have a negative impact on all participants in our own club and the teams they play.
- Statically it is teams in the lower divisions that we struggle to cover logistically. Potentially generating and promoting this forum will generate a lot more work at the committee level to ensure we can cover these teams.
- As a club we have tried to do this in the past and it resulted in requests from other players who also want to play with their mates and if we can’t accommodate so they drop out. This then has a flow on effect for the Selection Committee with range of issues trying to field teams.
What age group is my son in?
Age groups for the 2018/19 Summer Season are as follows:To be eligible to play in an age group a player must be under the required age on the 31st December of the year in which the competition is to be completed (2019). For example a player may participate in Under 19’s provided they do not turn 19 during the year in which the competition is completed (2019)
- Under 12 – born in 2008 or 2009
- Under 14 – born in 2006 or 2007
- Under 16 – born in 2004 or 2005
- Under 19 – born in 2001, 2002, 2003
What time will my son be playing?
When are Presentations?
There is a formal Winter Presentation night in September and a more informal Barbeque Presentation evening in March.Specific presentation details are posted on the website, refer to the club calendar.
Can I request a Refund?
Marist Basketball Club fees are non-refundable. This is because the Club has to pay team fees to Basketball ACT and incurs other costs based on the player registrations received.
However where certain circumstances occur outside of a player or their family’s control. Full details of the club’s refund policy can be found here.