Registration for Marist Basketball Club Summer Season is now CLOSED. Registrations closed midnight August 25th.
Please read the following information carefully and register using the button at the bottom of the page.
To be eligible to represent Marist College Canberra in basketball the player must be a current student of Marist College Canberra or have received a letter of acceptance/offer for 2018.
Fees and Payment
The fee for the 2017-18 summer season is $255.72 per player. This fee is broken into two parts, the BACT fee and the Club fee. (Please note that there is NO LONGER a processing fee associated with registration.)
Each player is required to pay a fee of $45.72 per season to BACT. BACT have stated that the fee goes in part to Basketball Australia, with the remainder being used for maintenance of BACT stadiums, competition and corporate management. The Club does not receive any part of this fee.
The Marist Basketball Club fee, of $210, covers team registration fees, the purchase of uniforms and basketball equipment and club administration fees (including season presentation awards).
Full payment (of both fees) is required at the time of registration (on SportsTG) and must be made no later than midnight 25 August 2017.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable, except in the case of injury. The Club has to pay team fees to BACT based on registrations and is not in a position to refund registration fees except in extenuating circumstances.
Please contact the Registrar if you need assistance with registration.
Transferring from another Club? (Important if you are new to Marist)
Please refer to this page if you are transferring from another Club.
Team Selection Process
For more information on selections please visit the Team Selection page.
Parent Support / Call for Volunteers
Teams rely on the support of volunteers to run the Club, especially as coaches and managers. Without this support teams will not be able to take to the court this Summer. Please volunteer! The Club will be unable to field teams that do not have a coach. Expression of interest to coach or manage your son’s team.
Playing with Friends
The Club unfortunately, cannot take requests to play in teams with friends for the following reasons:
- It is the College and Club expectation that all teams whether in Div 1 or Div 6 are required to fulfill training and playing requirements for organised sport. Social grade implies that there is no need to train and other commitments take priority.
- All teams are required to have a Coach and are expected to train.
- BACT have a graded competition to support all levels and abilities. We need to respect this aspect of BACT and place teams and players appropriately.
– By placing a team of athletic kids who see it as a social competition, may generate lopsided score lines which can have a negative impact on all participants in our own club and the teams they play.
- Statically it is teams in the lower divisions that we struggle to cover logistically. Potentially generating and promoting this forum will generate a lot more work at the committee level to ensure we can cover these teams.
- As a club we have tried to do this in the past and it resulted in requests from other players who also want to play with their mates and if we can’t accommodate so they drop out. This then has a flow on effect for the Selection Committee with range of issues trying to field teams.
We will post a draft of the the BACT playing grid for 2017/18 Summer Season when it becomes available.
At this stage we anticipate all Division 1 games will be played on Friday nights and all Division 2 games will be played on Sundays (as per the Summer season).
Age groups for the 2017/18 Summer Season are as follows:
To be eligible to play in an age group a player must be under the required age on the 31st December of the year in which the competition is to be completed (2018). For example a player may participate in Under 19’s provided they do not turn 19 during the year in which the competition is completed (2018).
As the summer competition is completed in 2018 it is the birth date for 2018 that denotes a players eligibility.
- Under 12 – born in 2007 or 2008
- Under 14 – born in 2005 or 2006
- Under 16 – born in 2003 or 2004
- Under 19 – born in 2000, 2001, 2002
For information on uniform requirements, please visit the Uniforms page.
Please check your player profile during the registration process and update your age group, height and jersey size as appropriate.
For all enquiries regarding registration please contact Danielle Devow, Registrar.
Important: Transferring from another Club? – please see this page.