Marist Basketball Club can’t function and exist without the contributions of volunteers. The role of team manager is a simple, yet very important role that keeps the season running smoothly.
Role of the Manager
• Send out weekly game time reminders to parents
• Draw up bench duty rosters for families at the start of the season
• Find fill in players where needed – coordinate with other team managers in eligible divisions and have potential fill in players earmarked
• Collect all items for the kit at the end of the season: singlets, balls, coaches bag and training shirts. The kit must be returned to the equipment manager (not the front office or school)
• Be the conduit between the Club and the team
• If you have students as coaches – ensure parents do not approach the student coaches at any time. All queries from parents must go directly to the team manager
• Coordinate your team photos session (and attend)
Your first point of contact for information or problems is the Marist Basketball website or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Manager’s cheat sheet to help with all things team-management!