Welcome back to Term 4 !
As we all come out from the lock-down, I can now provide an update as to what is happening basketball-wise.
BACT has, consistent with their position throughout lock-down, confirmed that the Junior Winter season will recommence on 12 November 2021, with an expected 3 round games and 2 finals rounds
Whilst the Committee expressed support for ending the season, and moving straight into the summer competitions, it respects the BACT decision, and is committed to doing what needs to be done to get boys back onto the Court safely.
As part of post-lockdown life it will be wonderful to see the boys out on the Court again and enjoying and competing in their basketball.
The Club recognises however, and completely respects that each parent, family, coach and player will have their own view about whether they are able or wish to continue to play for the remainder of the winter season. Covid- hesitancy is completely understandable, as is lock-down fatigue. Parents need to be assured however that Covid precautions and player safety are the Club’s, the College’s, and BACT’s paramount concerns, and full details of Covid -safe arrangements will be issued once we know the total number of teams continuing.
Accordingly, I would be very grateful if each family and coach could work with the Team Manager and advise if ;
- If each player and coach wish to, and are able to, commit to finishing the season;
- Depending on each of those individual responses, if the team as a whole is able to, has sufficient players, and wants to complete the season , i.e. a “yes” response, or, if the team as a whole, is unable or does not wish to finish the season, i.e. a “no” response
I apologise for the short notice, but could each Team Manager email Club Registrar Jane Searson on email@example.com with a “yes” or “no” no later than 22 October. The Club must advise BACT by 25 October of those teams that will be withdrawing and a revised draw will be prepared.
Training details will be provided as soon as possible, and it is expected that Marcellin Hall will be available for some training sessions before games re-commence. BACT is also issuing training and fitness preparation material, and suggested drills, which will be provided to coaches to assist the boys regain match fitness
As a consequence of the BACT decision on the winter season, the proposed summer social season will now roll over into January 2022, and BACT will advise further on the same shortly
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible for the Club AGM at 6pm next Wednesday 20 October via Zoom, details of which have been sent out with my last email.