Registration for Marist Basketball Club Winter 2020 Season.
Registrations are now CLOSED.
Registrations closed on the 12th June 2020.
To be eligible to represent Marist College Canberra in basketball the player must be a current student of Marist College Canberra or have received a letter of acceptance/offer for 2020.
Fees and Payment
The fee for the 2020 Winter season is a total of $272.00 per player. This fee is broken into two parts, the BACT fee and the Club fee. (Please note that there is NO LONGER a processing fee associated with registration.)
– BACT Fee: Each player is required to pay a fee of $52.00 per season to BACT. BACT have stated that the fee goes in part to Basketball Australia, with the remainder being used for maintenance of BACT stadiums, competition and corporate management. The Club does not receive any part of this fee.
– Club Fee: The Marist Basketball Club fee, of $220, covers team registration fees, the purchase of uniforms and basketball equipment and club administration fees (including season presentation awards).
Full payment (of both fees) is required at the time of registration (on SportsTG).
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable. The Club has to pay team fees to BACT based on registrations and is not in a position to refund registration fees except in extenuating circumstances. Please note a clash of times with another sport in is not considered extenuating circumstances. Full details of the clubs refund policy can be found here.
Please contact the Registrar if you need assistance with registration.
Transferring from another Club? (Important if you are new to Marist)
Registrations have now closed.
Team Selection Process
For more information on selections please visit the Team Selection page.
Please note, the club does not hold a formal grading session prior to the Winter Season. Grading sessions are held annually prior to the start of the Summer Season. For full details please visit the Team Selection Page.
Parent Support / Call for Volunteers
Teams rely on the support of volunteers to run the Club, especially as coaches and managers. Without this support teams will not be able to take to the court. Please volunteer! The Club will be unable to field teams that do not have a coach.
Playing with Friends
The Club unfortunately, cannot take requests to play in teams with friends for the following reasons:
- It is the College and Club expectation that all teams whether in Div 1 or Div 6 are required to fulfill training and playing requirements for organised sport. Social grade implies that there is no need to train and other commitments take priority.
- All teams are required to have a Coach and are expected to train.
- BACT have a graded competition to support all levels and abilities. We need to respect this aspect of BACT and place teams and players appropriately.
- By placing a team of athletic kids who see it as a social competition, may generate lopsided score lines which can have a negative impact on all participants in our own club and the teams they play.
- Statically it is teams in the lower divisions that we struggle to cover logistically. Potentially generating and promoting this forum will generate a lot more work at the committee level to ensure we can cover these teams.
- As a club we have tried to do this in the past and it resulted in requests from other players who also want to play with their mates and if we can’t accommodate so they drop out. This then has a flow on effect for the Selection Committee with range of issues trying to field teams.
The scheduling of games is at the discretion of BACT and the club has no influence or say on when or where the games are played.
Basketball ACT usually provided a draft playing time grid. We will upload a copy here if BACT release one.
Please note this grid is only a draft and subject to change by BACT once all clubs have finalised their registrations.
Once your son is assigned to a team, the team manager will email you with the details including your training day and time and when your games will be played.
Age groups for the 2020 Winter Season are as follows:
To be eligible to play in an age group a player must be under the required age on the 31st December of the year in which the competition is to be completed (2020). For example a player may participate in Under 19’s provided they do not turn 19 during the year in which the competition is completed (2020).
- Under 12 – born in 2009 or 2010
- Under 14 – born in 2007 or 2008
- Under 16 – born in 2005 or 2006
- Under 19 – born in 2002, 2003, 2004
For information on uniform requirements, please visit the Uniforms page.
If you are new to the club we recommend you visit the uniform shop ASAP to organise your playing shorts to ensure you have them for your first game.
Please check your player profile during the registration process and update your age group, height and jersey size as appropriate.
For more information please visit out Frequently Asked Questions page. If you have any further questions you can contact us by completing the form at the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions page.