Registration for Marist Basketball Club Winter 2019 Season have not yet opened. We expect registrations to open shortly, towards the middle to end of February 2019.
If you have questions regarding playing Basketball for Marist please visit out Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please read the following information carefully and once registrations open you will be able to register via a link at the bottom of the page.
To be eligible to represent Marist College Canberra in basketball the player must be a current student of Marist College Canberra or have received a letter of acceptance/offer for 2019.
Fees and Payment
Fees for the Winter 2019 season is a total of $256 per player. This fee is broken into two parts, the BACT fee and the Club fee. (Please note that there is NO LONGER a processing fee associated with registration.)
– BACT Fee: Each player is required to pay a fee of $46.00 per season to BACT. BACT have stated that the fee goes in part to Basketball Australia, with the remainder being used for maintenance of BACT stadiums, competition and corporate management. The Club does not receive any part of this fee.
– Club Fee: The Marist Basketball Club fee, of $210, covers team registration fees, the purchase of uniforms and basketball equipment and club administration fees (including season presentation awards).
Full payment (of both fees) is required at the time of registration (online via SportsTG) and must be made no later than the date registrations close, as listed at the top of this page.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable. The Club has to pay team fees to BACT based on registrations and is not in a position to refund registration fees except in extenuating circumstances. Please note a clash of times with another sport is not considered extenuating circumstances. Full details of the clubs refund policy can be found here.
Transferring from another Club? (Important if you are new to Marist)
If you are Transferring from another Club please do not register and instead please see this page for instructions on how to register.
Team Selection Process
For more information on selections please visit the Team Selection page.
College Expectations For Those Playing Multiple Sports
A reminder of the College’s expectations for students who play multiple sports can be found here.
Parent Support / Call for Volunteers
Teams rely on the support of volunteers to run the Club, especially as coaches and managers. Without this support teams will not be able to take to the court. Please volunteer! The Club will be unable to field teams that do not have a coach. If you are interested or have any questions please submit an Expression of interest to coach or manage your son’s team.
Playing with Friends
- It is the College and Club expectation that all teams whether in Div 1 or Div 6 are required to fulfil training and playing requirements for organised sport. Social grade implies that there is no need to train and other commitments take priority.
- All teams are required to have a Coach and are expected to train.
- BACT have a graded competition to support all levels and abilities. We need to respect this aspect of BACT and place teams and players appropriately.
- By placing a team of athletic kids who see it as a social competition, may generate lopsided score lines which can have a negative impact on all participants in our own club and the teams they play.
- Statically it is teams in the lower divisions that we struggle to cover logistically. Potentially generating and promoting this forum will generate a lot more work at the committee level to ensure we can cover these teams.
- As a club we have tried to do this in the past and it resulted in requests from other players who also want to play with their mates and if we can’t accommodate they drop out. This then has a flow on effect for the Selection Committee with range of issues trying to field teams.
- With close to 380 boys playing basketball in the Summer season it is not possible or reasonable for the Selection Committee to be able to accommodate these types of requests.
We will post a draft of the BACT playing grid for the Season once BACT releases one.
At this stage we anticipate all Division 1 games will be played on Friday nights (Except U19 who play Sunday night) and all Division 2 games will be played on Sundays.
Once your son is assigned to a team, the team manager will email you with the details including your training day and time and when your games will be played.
Training times are also published on the club’s website and game times are available online via Sports TG once your boys team has been announced.
Please note, during the first 3-4 weeks of the season a grading process is undertaking by both the club and BACT. During this time if any teams are obviously in the wrong division, either too high or too low, the team maybe required to move a division. If this does occur the teams game times can be affected. The club has a policy of ensuring we enter teams into the appropriate division within the BACT competition.
Age groups for the 2019 Winter Season are as follows:
- Under 12 – born in 2008 or 2009
- Under 14 – born in 2006 or 2007
- Under 16 – born in 2004 or 2005
- Under 19 – born in 2001, 2002, 2003
To be eligible to play in an age group a player must be under the required age on the 31st December of the year in which the competition is to be completed. For example a player may participate in Under 19’s provided they do not turn 19 during the year in which the competition is completed. That would be 2019 for the upcoming Winter season.
For information on uniform requirements, please visit the Uniforms page.
Please check your player profile during the registration process and update your age group, height and jersey size as appropriate.
For more information please visit out Frequently Asked Questions page. If you have any further questions you can contact us by completing the form at the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Important: If you are Transferring from another Club please do not register and instead please see this page for instructions on how to register.
If you require any assistance or are having any issues registering via Sports TG please contact the registrar here.